Sunday, March 20, 2016

Londontown Enhanced Color Spring/Summer 2016 Collection Review

Hello everyone!

Today I have four polishes to swatch for you from the lakur Enhanced Color line by Londontown. These four shades are from their Spring/Summer 2016 collection. They also sent me their Protective Top Coat, and their new kur Instant Smudge Fix. 


**I will be reviewing the Instant Smudge fix in my next post, so keep an eye out for that! :)




Londontown is based in New York City and all of their polishes are 5-free. They are also cruelty-free, gluten-free, and vegan!
First up is "Invisible Crown", a sheer nude pink polish. This is what I would call a french-tip pink; the perfect sheer, soft pink to layer over a white french tip.



Here I'm wearing 3 thin coats with one layer of their Protective Top Coat. I think two coats over a white tip would make the perfect french manicure!



Next is "Princess Awaits", a sheer off-white/nude polish with an orange-y gold shimmer. Here I'm wearing 3 coats with a layer of their Protective Top Coat.




This is not usually a polish I would like since I don't usually go for sheer polishes, but the color builds up after the second coat so it is only slightly see-through by the third coat, as you can see in my pictures. It just feels like a clean slate, very elegant and delicate. So pretty!



"Royal Wedding" is a bright orange-y peach creme. The formula on this one was definitely best out of all four! Here I'm wearing 2 smooth, creamy coats with a layer of their Protective Top Coat. Super easy to apply and the color is amazing.




I absolutely love this shade! It is slightly more orange in person; for some reason it looks very coral in these pictures. I think this is such a great color for both spring and summer! It would look so bright and amazing with a tan.



Last is "Duchess", a classic white creme. Here I'm wearing two coats, although if you tend to apply thin coats you may need 3. I also applied one layer of their Protective Top Coat. 




The formula of this polish was pretty smooth, but a little runnier than I expected. I find that whites tend to be thick so if that is something that bothers you, then you might like this formula better. I personally liked the consistency of this one.




Their Protective Top Coat, which I used over all of the above swatches, retails for $25 and is 9-free! Like their nail polishes, this top coat is vegan, gluten-free, and cruelty-free. I was pretty happy with this top coat; it was fast drying and shiny. It's great to find a top coat that is 9-free, as so many top coats still contain dangerous chemicals.


I hope you guys found this review helpful! Keep an eye out for my review of the Instant Smudge Fix; I'm excited to share my thoughts on it with you :)



Love,
Follow Londontown:
Instagram: @LondontownUSA
Twitter: @LONDONTOWNUSA
Pinterest: @londontownusa

My Social Media Links:
Bellashoot@nailsbyerin
Preen.Me: NailsByErin
Beautylish: NailsByErin
Bloglovin': Erin @nails_by_erin
Nailpolis: Erin

DISCLAIMER: Londontown sent me these nail polishes for free to review and share with you all. I am not being paid to use this product. All opinions expressed on this product are strictly my own. I only post honest reviews for you all <3

No comments:

Post a Comment