Sunday, October 26, 2014

Salon Perfect "Wicked" Swatch and Review

Hello everyone!

Sorry for not posting for a few weeks; October has been a little busier for me and I have had less time to do my nails. I still have been doing some Halloween art, though! :) I actually painted 10 pumpkins for my local Harvest Festival, and they took up a lot of my free time.

Anyway, last week I received some nail mail from Salon Perfect with some Halloween polishes! One of them was "Wicked" and it really caught my interest.



"Wicked" is a spook-tacular glitter polish with very fine green, black and white glitters in a very slightly green jelly base. If you put this over white, I think the jelly would add a faint green tinge to the white, so that is why I don't consider it a clear base.


In the photo above I've layered one coat of "Wicked" over Essie "The More the Merrier" which is a very witchy green. The glitter had a great payoff in just one coat, and I think with 2-3 coats you might not need a base. I layered it over "The More the Merrier" because wanted to make sure that the glitter was visible in my swatch. I really love how it looks!

Without a top coat, the glitter was a little bit rough, but one layer of topcoat smoothed everything right out.

Also, to add a fun Halloween touch, I painted a bubbling witch's cauldron on my ring finger. I used Salon Perfect "Oil Slick" (black) and "Sugar Cube" (white) to paint the cauldron nail.

Salon Perfect is available at select Walmart's nationwide, but this polish is actually not available to the public and I don't think that you can find it in stores. I believe they are currently holding a giveaway with Nail It! Magazine where you can win this polish, though!

I hope you guys like this Halloween design! I'm really hoping to have some more up soon, so make sure to keep an eye on my Instagram account!


Love,

My Social Media Links:
BellashootNailsByErin
Beautylish: NailsByErin
Bloglovin': Erin @nails_by_erin
Nailpolis: Erin

Follow Salon Perfect:
Twitter: @salon_perfect
Instagram: @salonperfect
Pinterest: @salonperfect
Facebook: Salon Perfect
YouTube: Salon Perfect

DISCLAIMER: "Wicked" was kindly sent to me by Salon Perfect to try. I am not being paid to use these products. All opinions expressed on these products are my own. I only post honest reviews for you all. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment