Saturday, September 27, 2014

Fall Leaves Nails

Hello again!

It has been absolutely forever since I did a nail art design, and I really apologize! I've been caught up with balancing school and a bunch of other things. But I have not forgotten about nail art, and I've been doing my best to catch up!

I really wanted to do a nail design for fall, so I decided to do this french tip design with leaves and a chevron accent!


You guys probably know by now that I will take any excuse to do a chevron with OPI "Honey Ryder", and since gold fits with this fall color scheme, I decided to work it in with the design! If you want to see how I do my chevrons, I have a tutorial on my YouTube channel for a different design with this same accent nail.

A tutorial for this design can also be found here:
For the other nails, I freehanded some french tips (for the first time!) with Salon Perfect "Sugar Cube" and then added Essie "Ballet Slippers" over that. Then I just used a small brush and some fall colors to make the leaves and add some brown details, with a little bit of "Honey Ryder" as well to tie in the gold chevron nail. For the leaves, the colors I used were Essie "The More the Merrier" and "Fear or Desire", Ciaté "Boudoir", and Sally Hansen "Mellow Yellow". I did the brown accents with a striper from Art Club called "Mochalotta".
I know that these leaves aren't a masterpiece, but it was a quick, fun mani and I think you get the idea of what they are supposed to be. I am overall pretty happy with how the design turned out :)
Thank you for reading and for your continued support!
Love,
My Social Media Links:
BellashootNailsByErin
Beautylish: NailsByErin
Bloglovin': Erin @nails_by_erin
Nailpolis: Erin

2 comments:

  1. I think the leaves look lovely! And I really should buy those scissors you use for the chevron :') Nice blog btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And I would definitely recommend getting scissors like them, they make chevrons so easy! :) <3

      Delete