Saturday, September 20, 2014

I Got a Helmer!

Hi everyone! :)

My nail polish storage has significantly changed over the past few months. I went from storing them all in a jumble inside a plastic container, to filling my huge desk drawer with them, and now to a Helmer!

As you could probably guess, I kind of keep running out of space for my polish. #nailpolishaddictproblems.... Before I picked up this Helmer, the bottom drawer in my desk was completely lined with polish; not an inch to spare.

I took a trip to Ikea (which was pretty intimidating) and by some miracle was able to find the Helmer pretty easily. I was convinced we were going to get lost! :) I chose not to buy it online because I wanted to see the Helmer before I bought it, and to be honest I needed more storage pretty quickly... No time for shipping! 

My dad and I put it together that night (well, really he did the majority of the work while I sat confused by the little pieces and the instructions) and we were good to go! 

My initial impression of the Helmer is that it is the perfect size! It is not too wide, and not too tall (only about 2 feet tall and 11 inches wide) but the drawers are surprisingly deep (16 3/4 inches deep) and the drawers are the perfect height for polish! I got mine in white, which is technically an off white color, but it doesn't really bother me. This also comes in black, red, and silver.



I've already transferred all of my polish into the Helmer and I have plenty of room to spare!

In the top drawer, I stored my supplies and essentials. I put my top coats, base coats, cuticle oil, cotton balls, files, brushes, dotting tools, studs, etc. all in here because they are some of the products that I use the most.



In the second drawer, I put some of my favorite polishes. Yup, you guessed it! I've got all of my Essies right in front :) Then I have OPI, and since I have so many polishes from Salon Perfect, I've stored them in here too. I also have my one LVX polish that I got recently, which you can see my review of here!



In the third drawer, I have my China Glaze, Sally Hansen, Color Club and some odd assorted polishes. Basically, this is where all of my other polishes went!




With the exception of my nail art stripers that I stored in the bottom drawer, which took up less than a quarter of that drawer space, the rest of the Helmer is open! I am so happy with how much storage this thing has. It can easily handle 300 to 400 bottles of nail polish. Like I said, mine is just about halfway full and I only have about 150 polishes. If this was used for storing just nail polish, you definitely could fit a few hundred bottles in here.



My only issue with the Helmer is that the drawers don't glide very well, especially with the weight of so many bottles of polish on them. They are not on tracks with wheels, so they don't really slide. It's just metal on metal. I don't have too much of a problem with it, and they still work, but keep that in mind if you are considering getting this. I would suggest to just be cautious when opening the drawers.



I am overall very happy with my Helmer and I am very excited to get more nail polish to fill it up!


Thanks for reading! :)
Love,

My Social Media Links:
Bellashoot: NailsByErin
Beautylish: NailsByErin
Bloglovin': Erin @nails_by_erin
Nailpolis: Erin

DISCLAIMER: I purchased my Helmer with my own money. All opinions expressed on this item are strictly my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment