Sunday, January 1, 2017

My Favorite Manis of 2016

Hello everyone!

Happy New Year! I hope you have all been having a happy and healthy holiday season. 2016 is officially behind us, which means it's time to go through my favorite manis from the year!

In no particular order, here's a recap of some of my favorite nail art designs from this year.

My gradient and floral nails were such an easy but cute design. I'm still partial to white-to-lavender gradients! I loved how this turned out even on my slightly shorter nails. This is so simple and easy, perfect for beginners or people with short nails!


My mauve quatrefoil nails were another super easy design, but the end result was so clean and classic looking. This mauve color was one of my absolute favorites for this year, and I found myself wearing muted colors like Cirque "Deco" for the majority of 2016. I used the Moroccan nail vinyls from Snail Vinyls for my middle nail, which are amazing! Definitely one of my favorites.



My purple and gold floral nails did not come out as I expected, since I kind of played around with the design while I was doing it. But I loved how it came out! The gold accents really made the flowers pop and I love the polka dot accent nail. Plus, Color Club "Holy Chic!" is such a gorgeous color.


My white and gold daisy nails were another design I was super happy with. 2016 seems to be the year of the floral designs for me! Haha :) Londontown "Princess Awaits" was the base of this mani, and I think it looks so pretty with the easy floral pattern. It's a great way to wear floral nails while still keeping it simple and sophisticated!


My pink and gold floral nails (I know, I know. Another floral mani.) were super girly but a really fun mani to do. It was awesome to do another chevron accent nail, which I hadn't done in a long time. Back when I first got into nail art, chevron accent nails were my life. But my favorite part of this mani has to be my middle nail... I love the combination of polka dots and flowers.


In August, I turned 18 and did some birthday nails that included some of my favorite things. Two of my favorite polishes: Floss Gloss "Lavish" and Starrily "Ultima" were used, as well as another chevron accent nail!! The Snail Vinyls medium chevron stencils are a lifesaver for this.



My marble effect nails seemed to go over pretty well, and even though I was late to the marble nail trend, I really loved doing these. Essie "Blossom Dandy" looks gorgeous with the gold accents and this mani is so easy to do.


And last but not least, I really loved how my pastel galaxy nails turned out. I haven't done galaxy nails in a long time, but they are so easy! All you need is a makeup sponge and a bunch of pastel colors to do this mani. I added some stars with white acrylic paint and China Glaze "Fairy Dust" to add some sparkle.



And those are 8 of my favorite manis of mine from this year! Be sure to let me know which is your favorite, and leave any suggestions for nail art in 2017.

Again, Happy New Year!! And thank you for all of your continued support on my nail art :)

Love,
My Social Media Links:
Instagram: @nails_by_erin
Twitter: @nails_by_erin
YouTube: NailsByErin
Facebook: Nails By Erin
Bellashoot@nailsbyerin
Preen.Me: NailsByErin
Beautylish: NailsByErin
Bloglovin': Erin @nails_by_erin
Nailpolis: Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment