Tuesday, July 1, 2014

My Tips for Watermarbling

Watermarbling has always been one of the most dreaded nail art techniques of all time for me. I have struggled with it for FOREVER, so recently I just sat down and decided to try every combination and option possible for watermarbling. This was the result:

Colors used:
Salon Perfect "Wild Blue Yonder"
Zoya "Blu"
Sally Hansen "White On"

I decided to create a complete list of all of the things that I have learned from my watermarbling experience along with the YouTube tutorial I made for watermarbling:
*Please Note: This is just what worked for me. These tips may not work for everyone, and that is the most important thing I learned while watermarbling. You kind of have to play around with it and find what works the best for you! :)
  • Warm-ish water.
    • I don't mean hot water; just slightly warm. I found that lukewarm water worked the best for me, despite so many people saying that cold worked best for them. (Again, every artist and every polish is different, so try some different methods if necessary.)
  • Not all polishes are created equal.
    • There are some brands or polishes that really just don't work well for watermarbling. I found that new-er polishes work well for marbling because they tend to be thinner. That makes it easier to drip them into the water and makes a better final product. If you really want to use a thicker polish, try using some nail polish thinner so they marble better.
  • Know where to start creating your design.
    • After you have about two rings of each polish in the water, you can create your design with a toothpick. The most important thing to remember is to not pull the polish from the outer ring or even the second ring! Depending on how dry the polish has become, you might need to drag the toothpick from the second or third ring.
  • Make your design quickly!
    • When using your toothpick to draw the design, it is important that you do it pretty quickly or else the polish will start to dry and then you'll end up with a mess. Don't rush, but don't go too slowly either.
  • Try, try, try again.... and again....
    • It really does take a lot of practice to get watermarbling down. I still have trouble with it. The technique is really tricky, just keep trying and don't get discouraged! The final product is worth it! <3
I hope these tips helped you guys! Watermarbling is still not my favorite thing to do since it is pretty hard to do, but I want to try and master it soon.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel and like the video! :)
Love,
DISCLAIMER: "Wild Blue Yonder" was sent to me by Salon Perfect to try and to review. I am not being paid to use these products. All opinions expressed on these products are my own. I only post honest reviews for you all. <3

2 comments:

  1. wow u are amazing with nails i love yo videos can u do some minnie mouse ones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 Here are the Minnie Mouse nails I did about a year ago: http://instagram.com/p/m-_l4SsJzp/?modal=true They are pretty simple but are very cute and easy to do! :)

      Delete