Friday, July 4, 2014

Salon Perfect "Paint the Town Red, White, and Blue" Collection

Hello everyone!

So a few weeks ago, Salon Perfect sent me their newest collection, "Paint the Town Red, White, and Blue"! The collection consists of, obviously, lots of patriotic colors along with some pretty awesome glitter toppers that scream "'Murica." Haha :) Salon Perfect very kindly sent me these 9 polishes.


From left to right: Star Spangled, Boom Boom Boom, Grand Finale, Paint the Town Red, Wild Blue Yonder, Twinkle Twinkle, Speck-Tacular, Save Me a Spot, and Starred & Striped
Get ready for some photo overload!!!




The first polish I tried was "Paint the Town Red", a beautiful red crelly polish that dries with a shiny finish, even without top coat. This is two coats, no top coat.



I think that with three coats, this polish could be opaque, which makes me consider this polish a crelly.

Next, I layered "Speck-Tacular" over "Paint the Town Red". This is a red, white, and blue circular glitter topper.

This is one coat over the red polish:

I think toppers like this are a perfect way to have them be festive for July 4th if you are not very good at painting your nails, or you just don't have the time to do something intricate. The only issue with toppers like this is that it is a bit of a trick to get the amount of glitter you want on your nail spread out evenly. It takes a little time to work the glitters into place, but I really don't have that much of a problem with it since all glitter toppers are this way.

Next I swatched "Wild Blue Yonder" which is a gorgeous royal blue creme. You all probably know that blue is one of my favorite color to wear on my nails, as it is my favorite color, and this is definitely a new fave.

This is two coats with top coat:

The application was great, and it is perfect in two thin coats. The formula is really awesome! I also did a watermarble with this polish so be sure check out that post for more details! :)

For the Fourth of July I used "Star Spangled" and "Paint the Town Red" with some of my other favorite polishes to create this mix and match look:



I really love the stars of "Star Spangled"I did a glitter gradient on my index finger and pinky using "Star Spangled" with a little bit of Essie "Set in Stones" for extra silver glitter. On my ring finger, I painted some fireworks and did some glitter placement with Salon Perfect "Speck-Tacular" to make them look more like fireworks. Then my middle finger was inspired by an unwatermarked nail photo that my Aunt found on Facebook. She sent the picture to me and I knew I had to recreate the look!

Sorry that not all of the polishes that were sent to me are shown here. It has been really hard for me to get swatches of all of them. When I use them in the future, I will do my very best to update this post and show you all of them!

Thank you again to Salon Perfect for letting me try out this collection! :)

Love,







My Social Media Links:
Instagram: @nails_by_erin
Twitter: @nails_by_erin
YouTube: NailsByErin
Pinterest: Erin @nails_by_erin (thenailsbyerin)


Follow Salon Perfect:
Website: http://salonperfect.com
Twitter: @salon_perfect
Instagram: @salonperfect
Pinterest: @salonperfect
Facebook: Salon Perfect
YouTube: Salon Perfect

DISCLAIMER: The polishes from the "Paint the Town Red, White, and Blue" Collection were sent to me by Salon Perfect to try and to review. I am not being paid to use these products. All opinions expressed on these products are my own. I only post honest reviews for you all. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment