Monday, January 12, 2015

Holographic Houndstooth Nails

Hello everyone!

Today I have this holographic houndstooth design using the houndstooth stencils from Twinkled T!

Twinkled T was kind enough to send these to me, and I was especially excited about these houndstooth stencils! I have never done a houndstooth design before, because it seems a little ambitious for my free-handing skills... But these vinyls make it so easy! 



I decided that I really wanted to use Floss Gloss "Wet" and Color Club "Blue Heaven" for this design. The blue tones in "Blue Heaven" are sooo pretty and complement "Wet" really well.



To use the stencil, I painted my nails with "Wet" and applied a fast drying top coat. The base color needs to dry completely before you use the stencils!! I gently peeled off the sticker, and placed it on my nail in the position that I wanted. Then I just painted over the stencil with "Blue Heaven", peeled off the stencil right away (still being gentle with it!) and let everything dry before sealing with a top coat.




Here's a close-up of how my houndstooth came out using the stencils. I love the combination of these polishes! You could use two cream polishes for a more dramatic, noticeable houndstooth pattern, but I love how it is a little hard to see unless you look closely. It adds such a fun effect!

I really love these stencils and would definitely recommend them for anyone who has trouble with free-handing designs. Twinkled T has so many of these stencils and vinyls in so many different patterns and shapes! The lines came out very clean on mine and I am so happy with how it turned out!

Let me know what you all think of this mani :)

Love,
Follow Twinkled T:
Instagram: @twinkled_t
Twitter: @twinkledt
Facebook: Twinkled T

My Social Media Links:
BellashootNailsByErin
Beautylish: NailsByErin
Bloglovin': Erin @nails_by_erin
Nailpolis: Erin

DISCLAIMER: Twinkled T sent me these vinyls to review and share with you all. I am not being paid to use this product. All opinions expressed on this product are strictly my own. I only post honest reviews for you all <3

No comments:

Post a Comment