Thursday, January 8, 2015

Mint Gradient Butterfly Water Decal Nails | Born Pretty Store Review

Hello everyone!

Today I have a part two for sharing these products from Born Pretty Store. I also received these beautiful butterfly water decals!

By the way, don't forget to use my code NSBW10 for 10% off your order on www.bornprettystore.com!

I didn't want to just layer these over white, or just have it as an accent on one finger, so I decided to create a white to mint gradient underneath! I used Salon Perfect "Sugar Cube" and LVX "Mynt". I am very happy with how it turned out!



At first, I had a little trouble applying the decals, but after I finished the first nail, I figured out what I was doing wrong and they were very easy to work with! The secret is keeping the decals wet. If you let them dry out, they will get sticky and go everywhere. If you soak the decal for about 15 seconds, wet your nail and keep a wet cotton ball nearby, you'll be totally fine! I used an orange wood stick to push around the decals and get them in the position I wanted, and just filed off any excess that was hanging off of the edge of my nail.


Here is a close-up of these beautiful decals:


These come in so many different designs, and I think that they make a great lazy-day mani! Your nails will still look fantastic and they don't take very long to apply at all. Once you stick them on, they dry quickly and you can just apply a top coat. (Top coat is important, so they don't peel up. Make sure you cap your free edge as well!)



This design has me wanting spring already! You could pair any pastel gradient with these decals for a fun spring look. 

Watch my YouTube tutorial for this design here:



By the way, this is my first nail design that I used my new DSLR to take pictures of! :) What do you all think?

Love,
Follow Born Pretty Store:
Instagram: @bornprettystore
Twitter: @bornprettystore
Pinterest: @bornprettystore
Facebook: BornPrettyStore
My Social Media Links:
BellashootNailsByErin
Beautylish: NailsByErin
Bloglovin': Erin @nails_by_erin
Nailpolis: Erin

DISCLAIMER: Born Pretty Store sent me these decals to review and share with you all. I am not being paid to use this product. All opinions expressed on this product are strictly my own. I only post honest reviews for you all <3

No comments:

Post a Comment