Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Essie Spring 2017 Collection Review

Hi everyone!

Today I have swatches and reviews for all 6 polishes in the Essie Spring 2017 collection. 


If you have been following me for a while, you might know that Essie has always been one of my favorite brands, and it was one of the first nail polish brands I religiously used. So I was definitely excited to get the opportunity to review this collection! I received these polishes through the Preen.Me VIP program to review and share with all of you.





This is a photo heavy post!

"Excuse Me, Sur" is a pastel peachy pink. Here I am wearing 3 coats with a layer of top coat. I was not a huge fan of the formula on this one. It was patchy and kept getting patchy spots when I tried to add another coat. This sometimes happens with pastels. I think this is a fun color though (it would look great with a tan) so I wish that the formula was smoother and more pigmented.






"Backseat Besties" is more of a bubblegum, blue-toned pink. Here I'm wearing 2 coats with top coat, but I think if you did thinner coats you might need 3. You can see some slight patchiness on my middle nail. It reminds me a lot of another Essie pink shade I have called "Cascade Cool", although "Backseat Besties" is a little bit lighter. This was definitely a better formula than "Excuse Me, Sir", but still a little thin. I don't usually wear pinks but this color is definitely cute and fun :)




"B'aha Moment" is a berry magenta color. Here I am wearing two thin coats with a layer of top coat. This one had a great formula! It applied very smooth and was almost completely opaque in one coat. I think if you were in a rush and did a thick coat, you might be able to get away with it. This just reminds me a lot of a cranberry pinky-red kind of color. I really love it!






"On the Roadie" is a medium green creme. This looks brighter in the photos, but in real life I would call this more of an emerald or a shamrock green. Here I am wearing two coats with top coat. Again, the formula was much more pigmented and smooth.




"All the Wave" is a deep royal blue creme. Here I am wearing two coats with top coat. In darker lights, this almost looks like a navy blue. The application was smooth and pigmentation was great! You can definitely just work with one coat on this one. I don't usually wear dark blue nail polishes, but I really love this color. I might try wearing it this summer!




And lastly, "Designated DJ" is a deep berry wine color. Here I am wearing two coats with top coat. This is pigmented, but you definitely need 2 coats. I love colors like this! I always reach for deep wine shades in the winter, but maybe since this is a spring collection, I'll keep wearing these shades for another month or so. It's gorgeous!




Overall, I really liked this collection! I think the pastels were a little temperamental but I loved the other colors. If you're interested in this collection, you can find them at most stores like CVS, Target, etc. Each polish retails for $9.
 Thanks again to the Preen.Me VIP program and Essie for the opportunity to try this collection!


I hope you all found this review helpful! <3


Love,


My Social Media Links:
Instagram: @nails_by_erin
Twitter: @nails_by_erin
YouTube: NailsByErin
Facebook: Nails By Erin
Bellashoot@nailsbyerin
Preen.Me: NailsByErin
Beautylish: NailsByErin
Bloglovin': Erin @nails_by_erin
Nailpolis: Erin

DISCLAIMER: This collection was kindly sent to me by Preen.Me and Essie to review. I am not being paid to use this product. All opinions expressed on this product are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment