Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Textured Mermaid Scale Nails | Snail Vinyls Review

Hello everyone!

Today I have a very fun (and summery!) design using scale nail art vinyls from Snail Vinyls! Yup, I am sooo done with winter and I can't wait for the warmer weather.

When I first saw these scale vinyls, I knew that I wanted to do a mermaid scale nail design. I picked up OPI "Honey Ryder' and Nicole by OPI "That's What I Mint" because they are two gorgeous textured polishes that not only compliment each other but they make perfect mermaid colors!

 


I really love using vinyls, and I am pretty happy with how the mermaid look came out! They also feel really cool with the textured polishes. You could use a top coat to smooth out the texture, but I chose not to.


I'll admit, my lines didn't come out perfect. But that seems to be common for me when using textured polishes and vinyls. For some reason I just don't think that they mix well.


And of course, a mandatory macro of the glittery scale goodness:


Please check out my YouTube tutorial for this nail design here:

The only problem that I had with this particular vinyl/stencil is that the vinyls didn't peel off of the backing without the little scales in the middle... I had to pick almost all of the little scales out using tweezers :( But that could be because of the very tiny detail of these vinyls.

Be sure to check out the scale vinyls here and many more vinyls and stencils on www.snailvinyls.com!

Love,
Follow Snail Vinyls:
Instagram: @snailvinyls
Twitter: @snailvinyls
Pinterest: @snailvinyls
Facebook: Snail Vinyls
YouTube: Snail Vinyls

My Social Media Links:
Bellashoot@nailsbyerin
Preen.Me: NailsByErin
Beautylish: NailsByErin
Bloglovin': Erin @nails_by_erin
Nailpolis: Erin

DISCLAIMER: Snail Vinyls sent me these nail vinyls to review and share with you all. I am not being paid to use this product. All opinions expressed on this product are strictly my own. I only post honest reviews for you all <3

No comments:

Post a Comment